Friday, April 20, 2012

Midwest Homeschool Convention REVIEW



Well here it is. The good, the bad and the ugly.

I wasnt super impressed. Attendance was down, parking was awful! I didnt feel like it was as "come look at my booth!!!!!" like last year. I didnt attend sessions because the timing for them was AWFUL! Last year they had multiple times for speakers, but not this year. I was however, able to get everything we need. Which made me feel better. We stayed within budget. We planned for about $160 and we stayed within that. Positive Action Bible, by the way, doesnt actually have any books there- they have to order them. I thought that was weird. I do have to wait on a balance and planner from Rainbow Resource, no biggie there. We are set though. I did check out Honey Tree as suggested by CHEC College Hill and I found Homeschool Report Cards!! I bought 4. I sent one to my mom. hehe. Then later Friday night I met with some women from The Well Trained Mind and we ate at the most expensive place in Cincinnati, ok, one of the most expensive- Mccormick and Schmick's. I had Chocolate cake and Sangria, $20!! Oy! So will I go next year? I dont know. It matters on who will be there and how badly I need curriculum right then.

Final Thoughts:
It was NOT as good as last year. I didnt even want to really walk around and look (even though i did end up going back to try and do just that!) and I wasnt impressed about the speaker timing.


No comments: