Monday, April 18, 2011

Read Candice Read!!!

Today we found an AWESOME deal at the library's used book sale! Bob Books! Supposedly, they help with reading and since I couldnt find a complete, set, ill work with what we found. Candice CAN read 2 word sentences, if you help her sound out the words of course!! I am more and more amazed at her. Last week we worked on Time/Clock. She does well with the numbers she knows, but gets stuck on 7 for example. Now every time has O'Clock after it according to her.
"What time is it?"
"9:45"
"9:45 O'Clock?"
"no, just 9:45"
She'll get it im sure. We also have been working on adding and subtracting, we worked on that tonight with M&Ms. She had 6 and I asked her to place them in groups of like color- 2 brown, 2 orange, 1 blue and 1 yellow. Then I had her tell me how many of each color and what color and then i added 3 and 3 and she told me 6. Over the weekend, we went with my mom bowling. This was Candice's first time and she had a blast! Not really school related but it could be classified as a field trip, if i called it that i mean. ;) I also picked up an Ohio Prof Test workbook to test where Candice is and then i picked up 2 1st grade workbooks to get through. She still has a long way for September, but she can do it!


1 comment:

Shawntele said...

Sounds like a fun day!