Monday, January 3, 2011

After 5 weeks off

We have been on break due to myself. I just lost the motivation. I am back and we are back again schooling. Today we covered Positioning in Math. Up/Down/Next to. I had Candice do a worksheet and then i gave her animals and asked her to position them. She did really well. She has a bit of trouble with Above, but knows up/over. I need more worksheets on this- If you know of any, let me know!

Then we did a review of all Letters and focused on V and W. She forgot V and knew W but needed to practice writing small W's.


Then we did letter writing in rice, until she broke the bag of rice and spilled it. I think we need to come up with something new.

Then we talked about Teeth. Good Teeth habits and Bad, what Teeth are, how many and what kind. She seemed to really like talking about them.

and finally we covered Continents. Which she seems to have trouble understanding the broader concepts, that our house, our town, out city is on the continent of North America. She knows we live in the USA though. I had her color the continents to try and understand. I need more worksheets on this too.


and thats the start of the week. Theres really no way to catch up 5 weeks sadly, but we'll be ok. We just need to keep at it. Library Class starts again this week so she'll enjoy that.

No comments: