Saturday, February 11, 2012

Curriculum ORDERED!

I have to admit and its hard to do so... I have been slacking. Majorly on the girls curriculum and schooling. I still thought I could do it on my own and doing it whenever I felt like and sadly, it doesnt work out that way. Lana is more preschool/Kindergarten level. Im not so focused on her right now, but Candice is making progress despite not sitting down every day and working.  Math, still needs MAJOR work. Its a weak point of mine and i will likely avoid it like the plague, but i know it needs to be done. So, I ordered Horizons and Math U See tonight with 2 day shipping. Should be here Tuesday or so and we will start THAT day. I have until Sept 4th to get Candice in 2nd grade!  Thats just over 6 months. I figure review Kindergarten- skip over what she does know and move quickly through K and then really buckle down on 1st and have it STARTED by no later than June 1st. That shouldnt be an issue. I know its really my fault and who can i blame? We can do it!

and an added bonus, i have a camera now so i can start taking pics of their work!

Now on to the details!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lessons will be done at the kitchen table where ill have 2 bins with their names on them for their daily work, which ill lay out the day before (i MIGHT get some pocket folders if i can and get 5 of them for each day and stick in there with their books. Then I will have their pencils/crayons/etc in their supply bins. Sadly we dont have all of our supplies since its in storage, but well make due.

No one will get up until their work is done. I will be focusing on independence with candice during this. I will give the basic lesson and she will need to do it on her own from there. I think i have given into her too much on this.

Their things will be color coded. Red for Lana and Yellow for Candice. That way theres no confusion on whose is whose. Even Lance could teach them this way.

Im going to try and make copies of the pages for them that way i can customize it. IE- fewer problems for Lana/harder for candice.




No comments: